I am an executive IT technologist with with over 18 years of experience planning, designing, developing and having end-to-end ownership of Cloud Solutions including IaaS, SaaS, DBaaS, and PaaS. Managed cross-functional teams that specialized in building and supporting solutions to help increase revenue and contribute to bottom line driven business strategies. Responsible for driving adoption strategy across the enterprise by partnering with LOB executives and lead architects to offer guidance and ensure successful project delivery.
Well-rounded technologist and researcher with background of infrastructure management and team development with key strengths in:
- Strategic Planning – Extensive experience with working with C-level management, business stake holders, engineering teams and 3rd party technology vendors in gathering requirements, planning, budgeting and negotiating implementation
- Coaching and Mentoring – Considered a thought leader and motivator in building and developing teams. Fosters accountability, camaraderie and continued education while maintaining high levels of productivity and service delivery.
- Product Specialist – Exhibits innovation by bringing new, competing technologies to market by identifying product shortcomings and providing recommendations to overcome challenges. These products and recommendations have given
clients competitive advantages in the financial services marketplace and helped increase the overall value of technology companies.
- Problem Management – Key proponent in building 24 x 7 support organizations to insure timely communication, management and resolution to incidents surrounding mission-critical trading systems and networks.
- Results Oriented – Maintains project management disciplines keeping teams focused on key milestones and avoiding costly deviations and scope-creep.
A subject matter expert in private and public Clouds (specifically Azure where I am a Certified Azure Architect and a Certified Azure Administrator), microservices, big data, data analytics, Grid/High Performance Computing (HPC), networking, virtualization technology, database and middleware technology, Cloud security and proficiency with cloud management, provisioning, and charge back. Extensive experience in datacenter consolidation and buildout.
I currently hold a Cloud Architect position at Microsoft where I am responsible for High Performance Computing and High Throughput Computing (HPC/HTC) strategy and architecture for our Financial Services customers. I apply our large portfolio of products to solving complex and at time unsolveable problems for our largest financial customers using HPC/HTC architectural patterns.
My foundation is a developer, in multiple languages, on many platforms. I am comfortable with structured code (C++/Java) and OO programming techniques. Currently, seeking a new association with an organization where I can apply my knowledge, expertise, visionary and leadership skills. My experience in developing large-scale, highly reliable, highly scalable, distributed, clustered and secure enterprise-wide infrastructure in variety of domains will allow me to become an integral part of your team.Before Microsoft, as the Head of Product Development and Engineering at Noble Markets, I ran a team of 16 highly skilled developers across 4 geographically dispersed locations to deliver an end-to-end platform (Java, Python, Middleware) on Amazon AWS to meet the needs of Noble Markets in the FX Clearing market space. Technology that has been developed atop of the blockchain evolution.
As the enterprise architect for Morgan Stanley, I partnered with cross-functional teams of individuals to successfully deliver extremely complex projects. Worked as an executive adviser to senior management to ensure that the company and customers are delivered successful products and solutions. As the Global head of Grid and HPC Engineering for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, I managed a team of senior engineers in charge of the Grid, private Cloud and virtualized infrastructure of over 100,000-cores, across 6 globally-spread datacenters . In addition to being the SME for the bank, I managed projects and led technical project teams and coordinated project activities with external teams.
As the founder and CTO of SoftModule, a company focused on High Performance, Grid and Cloud Computing, I was responsible for the architecture and design, development and release of the SoftModule xFactor product. In addition to the technical aspects of the job, other responsibilities included fund-raising, client sourcing, financial analysis, and product placement and pricing efforts.
I hold my PhD in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Texas Tech, MS in Computer Science from Rensselaer and an MS in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics from the John Hopkins University in 2010.